Saturday, June 9, 2012

Drawing: Redeyedtreefr0g on her bicycle

I felt like coloring yesterday, but I have no coloring book. Instead of going and printing out some Disney princess to color, I decided to try and draw. I had asked an artist friend if she could doodle for me, and she had said it wasn't really something she thought she could do. So...

Drawing is really my sister's area of expertise. Along with the fashion sense I lack, photographic eye, and tidy handwriting, she got most of the drawing talent. I'm good at other things. But sometimes things just happen to line up just right for me and I can actually reproduce the image I have in my head. This was one of those times.

Ta Dah!
I wanted a frog on a bicycle for a while now. Partly because my internet handle since I was allowed to use a computer has been Redeyedtreefr0g, and because I love my bike. But I also wanted her to have long hair, since that is my other dream- and I wasn't quite certain how a hairy frog might look (and what color hair would a FROG have anyway??). I wasn't too thrilled with the pencil version, but in color she turned out to be just like I wanted!

I just had to share.

And in case you feel like coloring too:


No comments:

Post a Comment