Sunday, July 31, 2011

What day is it?

Right. Yay for computers and cell phones: it's July 31st. I knew it was Sunday at least, because yesterday was Saturday, Dungeons & Dragons day, and we hadn't had a good opportunity to play the last few weeks, so we spent maybe 10 hours in the game store. They have a little upstairs area which overlooks the larger room where tabletop wars take place rather noisily below us, but we're sort of secluded and relatively unbothered by other store customers and gamers. Once we brought chili in a crock pot, with a little tupperware container to give the guy that runs it something besides a cup of noodles to eat. This time we stopped at the grocery store first and got some deli grilled chicken and coleslaw, some plums and kiwis, and cheese sticks.

Oh! Jamie has a job! He is the kennelmaster of the veterinary office where Tig works. Ok, maybe kennelmaster is not quite the right term, but he cleans and fixes the kennels, plays with the animals, and other things. He and Tig now have lengthy conversations about work things and I listen as they chat about the frisky new dog staying with them, or the wedge-head crazy siamese cat.

The reason I just now remembered that detail is because he forgot to take his lunch with him and so yesterday he came home starving at noon, which is why we went to Jalepeno's and had tacos before shopping and going to the game store early. Their food is very good, but I got a quesadilla the first time. I like crunchy, or at least not soggy tortillas, and the filling was delicious, but watery. So I ate the middle out of it and left the gooey flap. This time I got beef tacos and they were a nice surprise because it wasn't your regular crunchy taco shell, but slightly more fluffy and most likely homemade. So it was a satisfying crackle crunch and then the tasty ground beef, lettuce and cheese.

Otherwise, life here is sort of simple. It's hard to remember the date because I'm not working, but we're doing P90X so I know what day of the week it is. Tomorrow is Monday- Chest and Back day. We just finished the second week, so one more like this, then they throw in a "recovery week" of mostly cardio and core work before they put you back to the grindstone in a different order to vary things up. Instead of Chest and Back it'll be Chest and Arms, then Back and Biceps, that kind of thing. It's the same, but different. /shrug   It seems to be going by fast.

I'm very happy, (and surprised) to say that every penny I spent to get my Florida license updated to the Oregon version will be refunded. $135 that we could really use back. Jamie will be getting paychecks soon, which is awesome and we can get credit cards paid back down after putting them to hard use lately. My work starts in September, but its a monthly check, which means I won't see any money until October. It's sort of strange, but hey. I walked out of one job and literally into another all the way across the country without even being interviewed first. Hows that for job security? Unless they stop sending kids to school, they'll still need to be driven there by somebody. It's neat, the buses here have little cords hanging out the back end like mice tails where they get plugged in to keep the engines warm in the winter. I'm excited for the school year to start.

Happy Sunday everybody!

1 comment:

  1. read this the other day and tried to respond but with no luck so I'm tring again. happy that everything is going ok. KB can't wait till the next one. I love you.

    ReplyDelete