Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Day 1/30 Days of Biking Challenge

Apparently my excitement over my new car eclipsed the fact that yesterday was the first day of the 30 Days of Biking Challenge. Don't worry, I didn't forget!

I rode from my house to Jamie's work. More accurately, I planned to visit the bike rack in the same complex as Office Depot, because Vandal was parked there, and I had every intention of stealing my trailer hitch back from it.

Alas, the bike was gone when I arrived. That employee happens to live in our same apartment complex, but he takes the bike inside. He is also on vacation right now. I'll have to get the hitch some other time.

I rode home in sprinkles. The temperature said it was 51, but the wind had me hiding my hands in my fleece mittens. I was able to take them off going home since I wasn't pedaling into the crosswind anymore. Six miles round-trip for yesterday.

Today, I plan to visit Jamie for lunch, and then probably head downtown. I may stop by the library and see what sort of maps they have for the bike trip... or not. Sometimes it's nice just to sight see.

No comments:

Post a Comment