Monday, January 16, 2012

Jamiejacket: a piece is done!

So the scottejacket, which I think should be termed the Jamiejacket, since it's for my husband specifically, has some definite progress! I have literally just stopped in my sewing to come and post this because I'm proud of it.

Here are some pictures:



What you are looking at is the left section of the front of the jacket. There will be a sort of shoulder piece above this part which goes to the collar. The patch pocket should end up positioned similarly to any other shirt pocket. Behind that patch pocket, though not quite hidden, is the invisible zipper leading to an interior breast pocket. You can see the lining peeled back in the middle photo to show that zipper opening. The full liner there is also the front of the handwarmer pocket. The back of the handwarmer pocket (not made yet) will include all the other interior pockets still making up the front panel of this jacket.

It sounds very confusing, because it is. I'll include more pictures as I go along to help explain things. 

Now all I have to do is make this section again for the right side, but I get to leave off the outside patch pocket. Still, this isn't really that much simpler because if you look closely, you'll notice that zipper stuck smack dab in the middle of nowhere. It isn't sandwiched neatly and easily between a seam. I hate it. But I also love it. The challenge of figuring out how to construct such a thing from only a very vague picture taken months ago was sort of fun while frustrating me to death. Maybe the second time a round will go faster.

So this is what I'm doing with my holiday (I also slept in, of course!). What are you up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment