Friday, March 11, 2011

Happy Friday 3/11

So, I haven't written in a while...

My last post talked about me getting sick, and boy, did I catch it. I had the sniffles right after my birthday and slept that weekend, which was the 18th to the 20th. There was no school the 21st so that gave me an extra day to get over my cold and by Tuesday I was back to feeling ok with just the runny/stuffy nose and a little cough. No big deal, I thought. So I go through that week and I go to bed thursday. I was cold and wore my footy pajamas, and I woke up Friday morning burning hot. After I got settled with some alkaselter and I figure out I had a fever, which dropped down fast once I got some cool liquid in me, I felt ok enough to go to work. I may not have been in a totally sane state of mind, hindsight being what it is. But I got the kids to school, and I went home for Jamie and he was very concerned, and he ended up taking me to work so I could drive the high school shuttle to the park, but I told them I wasn't sure it would be me picking them up since I wasn't feeling very well. This was true, I started feeling crappy shortly after I got to work.
Anyway, I went home and promptly kept a fever of around 102 for six straight days. I called out the entire next week and sometime thursday my temperature approached normal but didn't stay down more than an hour, and finally Friday afternoon it did break. Of course I had the nose-chest issues I always get, and sometime early on my right ear clogged and stayed that way. It hurt so I was sleeping on my nonusual side and calling that ear infected, but I think it was just clogged. My hearing finally came back to stay I think Tuesday, but all Monday it was really annoying to blow my nose because it would make it pop and that hurt.

My thoughts on that whole week- I had a cold which probably opened the door for the flu? Whatever it was, I just finished this week back at work with people asking me every single day how I was feeling. Apparently I still sound awful, though after Monday they no longer told me I looked that way. And a lady coworker remarked Monday that it looked like I lost weight. Sure enough the scale when I went home shows that a week with a fever and barely eating dropped 5 pounds off me. I had been doing P90, so secretly I hope it stays off even though that is not the method I would choose for any weight loss plan!

The kids on the bus have been fine. Written a few referrals for random things, nothing too serious, and they were only step one write-ups, so just a phone call home. I lost one girl, she moved and no rides the other bus, but her departure has quieted things down. The exciteable girl is much calmer and the general volume up front by my head is usually lower than before, plus there is a distinct lack of whining now :P One girl has brought in so many decorations that she threatens to cover the entire ceiling above her seat and be the first to fill the allowed area completely. Her enthusiasm has rubbed off and prompted a few of the quieter ones to bring in a few things for their own seats, so that makes me happy. Every once in a while I make sure to give myself a few extra minutes just to walk the aisle and look at all the things they have taped up, all the different personalities that are visible. A couple of the substitutes came up to me to make sure I knew that the kids were all very concerned during my absence, and that they did very well and the front girl was a huge help with directions. That made me happy. My only issue coming back is that someone removed my seat belt bracket which keeps the shoulder belt attached to the lap belt further toward the middle than the buckle, so that the shoulder belt doesn't rub my neck and hurt. I can't find it anywhere.

Other than that, I guess life goes on as usual.

Oh! Yesterday was a big day for me, the weather was so nice that I took my new bike out for the first real trip since I got it. Had to air the tires, and I had just planned to cruise up and down the roads behind the school. Well I did that, but by the new theatre I found a sidewalk around a pretty lake, so I followed that. It ended in a strange spot- a traffic circle, and I wasn't sure which direction to go. I had plenty of time and was feeling really good, so I picked a path and took it. Turns out it went under the interstate and ended at a road further than I had planned to go. Anyway, I made my way down that road and then along back to work. The only hard part was the last stretch because it was beside the wide road and the wind was agianst me. I used the easy gears and did just fine, and then spent the next half hour being excited and telling everybody at work about my bike ride, because I mapped it out and I went six whole miles! I was very proud. It's colder today, so I planed to stay inside and write this. I need to adjust the seat a little bit because I sort of slide forward, but its a comfy seat and the bike fits well, it goes so easy that the ride was overall really enjoyable. The most annoying part was that every time I coughed (which was often) it would pull the chin strap on my helmet and get my glasses skewed just lower from where they were supposed to be on my nose enough to be irritating. But that's all! I also found out, its only 5.8 miles straight home from here, although the bridge I bet wwould be murder. I'd probably walk it. So that lent me an even bigger sense of accomplishment. I'm so proud of me!

That's all, happy Friday everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment